RBL Founded in 2014, JECUS, Inc. is a majority owned subsidiary of JAPAN EXAMINATION CENTER CO., LTD., a premier educational service for Japan’s academic elite, operating 123 locations in Japan. JECUS, Inc. was established in the United States to provide educational instruction, counseling, educational planning, and test-taking guidance to children of Japanese expatriates in the New York metropolitan area. JECUS retained RBL to help them navigate the US business landscape and minimize operational risk.
RBL provided legal counsel in the following areas:
- General Corporate: drafted corporate by-laws, Loan agreement and Stock Purchase agreement between major shareholders
- General Counsel: provided legal research and guidance on a variety of issues such as licensing requirements and litigation concerns
- Real Estate: conducted due diligence and negotiation of commercial lease for US office
- Immigration: successfully obtained H-1B specialty occupation work visas for all foreign teachers within a narrow timeframe and provided legal advice on the viability of other visas such as E-2 investor visas and J-1 trainee visas
- Employment: provided counseling on the legal ramifications of various employment contracts