“As a large corporation, we have many complex business immigration issues. RBL offers the professionalism of a large firm without any of the drawbacks of a large organization. RBL’s attorneys are always personable and knowledgeable.”
Shinsuke Tomita, President, JINS Eyewear US, Inc.
RBL JINS is Japan’s largest eyewear retailer by volume, founded by Hitoshi Tanaka in 2001. Since its opening, JINS has experienced rapid growth by bringing eyeglass design and manufacturing in-house. It currently operates 340 stores across Asia and China, and recently opened its first U.S. flagship store in San Francisco in April 2015. JINS is a publicly traded company, listed on the first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange, generating over $360 million in annual revenues. JINS retained RBL as counsel to assist on business immigration and employment issues related to their US market entry.
RBL has provided legal representation to JINS in the following areas:
- Secure E-2 investor visas for executives, managers, and essential skills employees.
- Secure L-1 visas for executives, managers and specialized knowledge professionals.
- Advise on expatriates’ business travels to the US, evaluating the need to obtain business visitor (B-1) visas, temporary work visas (E-2 / L-1 / H-1B), etc.
- Implement strategic solutions on long-term personnel placement, HR policy and local hiring plans to expand nationwide and achieve immigration compliance.
- Provide general guidance on corporate immigration topics, including Optional Practical Training (OPT), Employment Authorization Document (EAD), Visa Waiver Program (VWP), US Permanent Residency, dependent family visas, etc.